Professor Stricker is a urologist and one of the leading experts in the management and treatment of prostate cancer in Australasia. He is the Director of the St Vincent’s Prostate Cancer Centre, Chairman of the Department of Urology at St Vincent’s Private Hospital and Clinic and the Clinical Director of the Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre in New South Wales (NSW). He is also a professor and associate professor at numerous recognised Institutions, University of Western Sydney, University of Tasmania, University of NSW and University of Sydney.
His clinical practice is dedicated to the management and treatment of prostate cancer focusing on personalised care. This includes initial consultation, therapy and follow–up of all post treatment side effects including erectile dysfunction and incontinence. In 2006, he commenced the first robotic program using the latest technology (Da Vinci Si) in NSW at St Vincent’s Hospital. He has since performed over 6,500 radical prostatectomy cases, the largest Australasian series; more than 2,000 of which have been performed using the robotic–assisted radio guided surgery. He also has extensive experience in performing high–dose rate brachytherapy (over 1000 cases), low–dose rate brachytherapy (over 1000 cases), designing and managing structured active surveillance programs and transperineal biopsies (over 7000 cases).
He has been one of the Australian pioneers in multiparametric MRI and PSMA–PET scan imaging and introduction of focal therapy using irreversible electroporation–IRE (Nano–Knife) to treat prostate cancer and has performed over 300 cases. He has substantial experience in dealing with impotence and incontinence assessments, urodynamics and treatments including penile prosthesis, sling surgery and artificial urinary sphincter surgery.
Professor Stricker’s area of research focuses on the collection of quality of life data following treatment in order to refine surgical techniques, development and assessment of novel surgical techniques which are less invasive, the utilisation of medical imaging for the detection and evaluation of prostate cancer, and validation of nomograms to influence treatment decisions.
Professor Stricker was the driving force in setting up St Vincent’s Prostate Cancer Clinical Database and Tissue Bank in conjunction with the Garvan Institute, which is currently housed at The Kinghorn Cancer Centre. These resources contain extensive clinical and pathological outcome data and have resulted in a comprehensive scientific and clinical resource that has been acknowledged both nationally and internationally.
Professor Stricker is a Member of the Australian Cancer Network working party that developed guidelines for the Management of Locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer and PSA Testing. These guidelines have been published and used as evidence–based in publications supported by NH&MRC. Professor Stricker has authored over 200 peer–reviewed publications, has collaborative research partnerships within Australia and globally and has been involved with numerous successful grant funding applications.
Emeritus Fellow, Garvan Institute of Medical Research (2020)
Chairman, Dept. Urology, St Vincent’s Private Hospital and Clinic and HMO St Vincent’s Hospital
Chairman, Urology, Oncology and Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Team at St Vincent’s Hospital
Clinical Director, Prostate Cancer Research, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre
Clinical Director, The Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre – New South Wales
Director, St. Vincent’s Prostate Cancer Centre
Director, Australian Prostate Cancer Collaboration
Conjoint Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, University of New South Wales Australia
Clinical Associate Professor, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney
Clinical Professor, School of Health Sciences, University of Tasmania
Conjoint Professor, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney
1978 – MBBS (Hons) University of New South Wales Australia
1980 – FRACS Part I
1980 – VQE
1988 – FRACS (Urology) Part II
1979 – 1981 Junior Residency – St George Hospital
1982 – 1985 General Surgical Training and Fellowship
1986 – 1988 Urological Training and Fellowship
1989 – Visiting Urologist to St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney
1989 – 2001 Visiting Urologist to the Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney
1989 – Visiting Urologist to St Vincent's Private Hospital, Sydney
1989 – 2001 Visiting Urologist to the Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney
1989 – Visiting Urologist to St Luke's Hospital, Sydney
1993 – Consultant Transplant Surgeon to St George Hospital, Sydney
2000 – Conjoint Senior Lecturer University of NSW, Sydney
2004 – Conjoint Associate Professor University of NSW, Sydney
2013 – Clinical Associate Professor Sydney Medical School, Sydney University
2014 – Clinical Professor, School of Health Sciences, University of Tasmania
2016 – Conjoint Professor, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney
Positions Previously Held
1992–2013 Head, Prostate Cancer Group, Garvan Institute of Medical Research/St Vincent’s Hospital Campus
1998–2012 Inaugural Director of the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
Recent Grants Held
2010–2014 NHMRC Enabling Grant (ID No. 614296). "Australian Prostate Cancer Collaboration (APCC) Bio–Resource”. Clements J, Sutherland RL, Tilley W, Risbridger G, Marshall V, Roder D, Stahl J, Gardiner F, Nicol D, Frydenberg M, Pedersen J, Stricker P. $2,000,000.00
2010–2015 Cancer Institute NSW Program Grant for Excellence in Translational Research. Personalised medicine for cancer: molecular biomarkers in clinical decision making for breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer. CIs: Horvath LG, Kench J, Boyer M, Millar E, O’Toole S, Beith J, Grimison P. AI: Stricker P. $3,750,000.00
2012–2013 St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation “K & A Collins” Grant. MRI Study. Stricker P. $50,000.00
2013–2017 Federal Government Grant – “The Chronic Disease Prevention and Service Improvement”. Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre NSW. Mattick J, Spigelman A, Stricker P, Hayes V, Horvath L. $5,500,000.00
2016–2017 NHMRC Project Grant – “Epigenetic Changes in the Prostate Cancer Environment”. Clark S, Horvath L, Kench J, Stricker P et al. $848,954.00
2016–2017 Paul Ramsay Foundation – “Magnifi Trial”. Van Leeuwen P and Stricker P. $759,000.00
2016–2017 Paul Ramsay Foundation – “LuPSMA Trial”. Emmett L and Stricker P. $400,000.00
2017–2018 The John and Denise Cobcroft Cancer Research Grant/St Vincent’s Clinic Grant– “DETECT trial: Radioguided surgery with technetium99m–labelled PSMA to aid intra–operative lymph node metastases detection for patients undergoing robot–assisted radical prostatectomy and extended–pelvic lymph node dissection for prostate cancer”. Stricker P and Co–investigators. $30,000.00
2017–2018 Commonwealth Department of Health: Cancer Control – Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centres. Stricker P, Hayes V, Horvath L, Clarke S, Kench J, Joshua A, Rasiah K, Nguyen Q. $1,500,000.00
2019 – Commonwealth Department of Health: Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre. Stricker P, Hayes V, Horvath L, Clarke S, Joshua A, Emmet L – $437,000.00
2019 – 2020 St. Vincent’s Clinic Foundation Grant. PRIMARY Trial – Can combined multiparametric MRI and PSMA PET imaging replace prostate biopsy in the primary diagnosis of prostate cancer? Emmett L and Stricker P. $40,000.00
2019 – 2020 St Vincent’s Curran Foundation Grant. PRIMARY Trial – A prospective evaluation of prostate–specific membrane antigen positron emission tomography (PSMA PET) to reduce unnecessary prostate biopsies in men at risk of prostate cancer.
Emmett L and Stricker P. $100,000.00
2019 – 2021 The Sydney Partnership for Health, Education, Research & Enterprise (SPHERE) – Additional diagnostic value of PSMA to mpMRI in the diagnostic setting: Ability to reduce unnecessary prostate biopsies in men being investigated for prostate cancer. PRIMARY Trial. Emmet L and Stricker P. $150,000.00
2019–2023 Cancer Institute of NSW Programme Grant. $4,000,000
Open Radical Prostatectomy:
Robotic Radical Prostatectomy:
Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy (Seeds):
High Dose Rate Brachytherapy:
Focal Therapy (HIFU & Nanoknife IRE) for localized Prostate Cancer
Sexual Health Rehabilitation:
Incontinence Therapy after Prostate Cancer Treatment:
Second Opinion Service:
Transperineal Grid–directed Prostate Biopsy Technique:
Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy (MRI/MRS):
PSMA PET Screening
Books, Chapters and DVDs
1995 – Tumour Markers and Flow Cytometry. Chapter in book "The Bladder". Fitzpatrick and Krane. Chapter by P.Stricker and P.Russell. Pg 385–394.
2000 – The Australian Medical Association. "Home Medical Guide to Prostate Disorders". Consulting Editor.
2003 – "Treatment of Localised Prostate Cancer". Member of the Prostate Cancer Working for Cancer Network Australia.
2004 – "PSA for the General Practitioner" Book. P.Stricker and K. Phelps.
2008 – "Prostate Cancer for the General Practitioner." Book P. Stricker and K.Phelps.
2008 – "So I Have Prostate Cancer, What Now?" PCFA DVD
2009 – "How Do You Choose" DVD. P Stricker
2010 – "Intergrative Medicine for the General Practitioner" Book. Hassad and Phelps. Chapter on prostate cancer.
2012 – Series of DVD’s – P Stricker.
“Pelvic Floor Exercises, Moving Forward”,
“Prevention & Localised Prostate Cancer”,
“Advanced Prostate Cancer & Hormone Treatments”,
“Cured of Prostate Cancer – What About Quality of Life”,
“Return to Potency after Prostate Cancer”,
“Prostate Cancer Treatments – Managing Side Effects”,
“Prostate Cancer – Integrative Medicine Taking Control”,
“Prostate Cancer – Urinary Control”,
“Advanced Prostate Cancer” – Prof. Charles Myers,
“Prostate Cancer – managing the Mind”,
“Robotic Surgery – The Journey”.
2013 – “Improving outcomes in robotic radical prostatectomy.” Chapter 7. Editor Vip Patel.
2014–15 – “Clinical Practice Guidelines for PSA Testing & Early Management of Test–Detected Prostate Cancer” Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia & Cancer Council Australia. NHMRC approved. Part of the expert advisory panel
2018 – Early detection and screening for prostate cancer. Chapter in the book “Evidence–Based Urology”, 2nd Edition. Dahm and Dmochowski. Pgs. 257–265. Chapter by P. van Leeuwen, M.J. Roobol and P.D. Stricker.
2019 – Urology Fellowship Handbook: A Concise Guide to Clinical Urology.
Chapter in the book as co–author with other urologists, Chapter 18–20,
Pgs 606. Authors Matthew Winter and Venu Chalasani
Symposia Convened (National and International)
1. Impotence Symposium of Australasia – Operative Workshop St Vincent's Hospital – 1991. Editor of Monograph. Presentations on "Intracorporeal Pharmacotherapy – Results and Complications" – P. Stricker (T.Dean) & "Polypharmacotherapy" – P.Stricker (L.Jacobs) Convener
2. Update of Urology for GP's University of NSW 1993. Presentations on Renal calculi, Prostate cancer & Impotence Convener
3. Society Internationale d'Urologie 23rd Congress Meeting Sydney. 1994. Editor of daily proceedings & Presenter
4. Prostate Cancer Symposium – Operative Workshop St Vincent's Clinic 1995. Editor of Monograph. Presentation on "Radical Perineal Prostatectomy – St Vincent's Experience". Convener
5. Impotence Management Symposia. P Stricker – Chairman of Australian Impotence Advisory Board 1995
6. Australian Society of Impotence Medicine Inaugural Meeting 1997. 4 Presentations & Surgical Workshop Co Convener
7. Inaugural National GUOG Meeting (Leura). Presentations & Workshop on Prostate Cancer Surgery Co Convener
8. Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer Symposium with J.Blasko St Vincent's Hospital. 1997 Convener and Demonstrated
9. Prostate Cancer Symposium – Presentation on Radical Prostatectomy Garvan Institute. 1999 Convener
10. Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy – Laser Prostatectomy St Vincent's Hospital. 1999 Co Convener
11. Prostate Cancer Update with Peter Scardino – Operative Workshop St Vincent's Hospital. 2001 Convener
12. Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy – Operative Workshop St Vincent's Hospital. 2003 Convener R.Kooner & P.Stricker
13. Brachytherapy Workshop with Michael Zelefsky – Operative Workshop St Vincent's Hospital 2005. Convener
14. Robot Assisted Radical Prostatectomy with Vip Patel – Operative Workshop St Vincent's Hospital 2007. Convener.
15. MRI of the Prostate – A Multidisciplinary Symposium – May 2012. Co– convener.
16. Focal Therapy, Imaging & Biopsy Techniques with Mark Emberton Operative Workshop St Vincent’s Hospital, 2013. Convener.
Presentations (National and International)
From 2013 onwards
1. Beattie K and Stricker P. Prevalence of high–risk features in radical prostatectomy specimens in patients who met criteria for nerve– sparing radical prostatectomy. Oral presentation at the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ) NSW section meeting. 9–12 Nov 2013, Hamilton Island, Australia
2. Thompson J and Stricker P. Comparison between the accuracy of 12, 16 and 20 core TRUS biopsy in detecting significant prostate cancer and correlation with grade and location on radical prostatectomy. Oral presentation at the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ) NSW section meeting. 9–12 Nov 2013, Hamilton Island, Australia
3. Thompson J and Stricker P. Superior Quality of Life and Improved Surgical Margins Are Achievable with Robotic Radical Prostatectomy After a Long Learning Curve: A Prospective Single– surgeon Study of 1552 Consecutive Cases. Oral presentation at the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ) NSW section meeting. 9–12 Nov 2013, Hamilton Island, Australia
4. Tran M, Jackson B, Boehm M, Haynes A–M, Stricker P, Irreversible Electroporation for Focal Prostate Cancer: Safety, Short–term Functional and Oncological Outcomes. Poster Presentation. 68th Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand Annual Scientific Meeting 11th – 19th April 2015, Adelaide, South Australia
5. Tiwari S, Haynes A–M, Nguyen Q, Hammond G, Kench JG, Horvath LG, Stricker PD. A Prostate Cancer Biorepository meeting International Collaborative Demands. Poster Presentation. International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER) 2015 Annual Meeting and Exhibits 5–9 May 2015, Phoenix Arizona, USA
6. Tiwari S, Haynes A–M, Nguyen Q, Hammond G, Kench JG, Horvath LG, Stricker PD. The Garvan Query Application (GQA): A Comprehensive Search Engine for a Prostate Cancer Biorepository. Poster Presentation. International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER) 2015 Annual Meeting and Exhibits 5– 9 May 2015, Phoenix Arizona, USA
7. Thompson J, Shnier R, Moses D, Brenner P, Delprado W, Tran M, Ponsky L, Boehm M, Hayen A, Stricker P. Oral Presentation. Prospective study of pre–biopsy multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging (mpMRI) compared to transperineal template mapping biopsy (TTMB) for detection of clinically significant prostate cancer: is it accurate enough to guide selection of men for biopsy? Oral Presentation. American Urological Association Annual Meeting 15–19 May 2015, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
8. Tran M, Thompson J, Boehm M, Pulbrook M, Moses D, Shnier R, Brenner P, Delprado W, Haynes A–M, Savdie R, Stricker P. Combination of multi–parametric magnetic resonance imaging (mp–MRI) and transperineal template–guided mapping biopsy (TTMB) of the prostate to identify candidates for hemi–ablative focal therapy. Poster Presentation. American Urological Association Annual Meeting 15–19 May 2015, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
9. Algohary A, Viswanath S, Prasanna P, Pahwa S, Gulani V, Moses D, Shnier R, Böhm M, Haynes A–M, Brenner P, Delprado W, Thompson J, Pulbrock M, Stricker P, Ponsky L, Madabhushi A. Quantitative assessment of T2–weighted MRI to better identify patients with prostate cancer in a screening population. Poster Presentation. American Urological Association Annual Meeting 15–19 May 2015, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
10. Stricker PD. The role of focal therapy in localized prostate cancer, preliminary Australian results. Invited speaker. American Urological Association Annual Meeting 15–19 May 2015, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
11. Stricker PD. Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer Debate. Annual Meeting 15–19 May 2015, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
12. Stricker PD. MRI nanogram for prostate cancer. Invited speaker. 16th Asia–Pacific Prostate Cancer Conference. Cairns Australia
13. Haynes A–M, Tiwari S, Nguyen Q, Abuodha M, Stricker P and Horvath L. The Pros and Cons of moving towards a modern method for the storage of blood samples in a research biorepository. Poster Presentation. International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER). 5–8 April 2016 Berlin, Germany
14. Siriwardana A, van Leeuwen PJ, Roobol M, Ting F, Nieboer D, Thompson J, Delprado W, Haynes A, Brenner P, and Stricker P. Predicting low–risk prostate cancer from transperineal saturation biopsies. USANZ 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting 16–19th April 2016, Gold Coast, Australia.
15. Siriwardana A, van Leeuwen PJ, Roobol M, Ting F, Nieboer D, Thompson J, Delprado W, Haynes A, Brenner P, and Stricker P. Predicting low–risk prostate cancer from transperineal saturation biopsies. American Urological Association Annual Meeting 2016 – 6–10th May, 2016. San Diego, USA.
16. Stricker PD. Nanoknife focal therapy. Invited speaker. 3rd Friends of Israel Urological Symposium 5–7th July 2016. Tel–Aviv, Israel.
17. Stricker PD. Surgery is better than radiotherapy debate. Invited speaker. 3rd Friends of Israel Urological Symposium 5–7th July 2016. Tel–Aviv, Israel.
18. Nguyen Q, Haynes AM, Horvath L and Stricker PD. Prostate Cancer Research: From Lab Bench to Beside: A prospective from the Trenches. Poster presentation. 9th Health Services and Policy Research Conference 7 – 9th Dec 2015. Melbourne, Australia
19. Nguyen Q, Stricker PD, Thompson B and Emmett L. Evaluating changes in clinical management following the introduction of Ga68–PSMA PET scans for the detection of prostate cancer. Poster presentation. Health Services Research United Kingdom (HSRUK) Symposium. 13–14 July 2016. Nottingham, United Kingdom
20. Van den Bos W, Stricker PD et al. Focal Therapy Using IRE in prostate cancer. Synergy Miami, November 2016. Miami Beach, Florida USA.
21. Siriwardana A, van den Bos W, Kalsbeek A, Thompson J, Ting F, Boehm M, Haynes A, Shnier R, Delprado W and Stricker PD. Focal Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) as a primary and salvage treatment for localised prostate cancer. USANZ 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting 24–27th February 2017, Canberra, Australia
22. Siriwardana A, Thompson J, Hayen A, Ting F, Delprado W, Brenner P, Ende D, Kooner R, O’Neill G, Yuen C, Tiwari S, Haynes A and Stricker P. Lymph node yield at radical prostatectomy is a predictor of biochemical recurrence–free survival (BFS) in high–risk prostate cancer patients. USANZ 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting 24–27th February 2017, Canberra, Australia
23. Siriwardana A, Thompson J, Doig S, Kalsbeek A, Emmett L, Delprado W, Wong D, Samaratunga H, Haynes A, Couglin G and Stricker PD. Robot–assisted Salvage Node Dissection For Oligometastatic Nodal Disease Detected By 68Gallium–PSMA PET/CT: A Multicentre Retrospective Series. USANZ 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting 24–27th February 2017, Canberra, Australia 2017 Keith Kirkland Prize Awarded
24. Stricker PD. My learning curve and improving patients erectile function recovery. Invited speaker. Sydney Robotic Summit: Research and Innovation. 24th June 2017 Sydney Australia.
25. Thompson JE, Egger S, Bohm M, Siriwardana A, Haynes AM, Matthews J, Scheltema M, Stricker PD. Superior biochemical recurrence and quality of life outcomes are achievable with robotic radical prostatectomy versus open radical prostatectomy – update of a prospective single–surgeon study of 2206 consecutive cases. 5th Global Congress on Prostate Cancer. 28 – 30 June 2017, Lisbon Portugal
26. Scheltema, MJ, van den Bos W, Siriwardana AR, Kalsbeek AMF. Thompson JE, Ting F, Bohm M, Haynes AM, Shnier R, Delprado W, Stricker PD. Focal Irreversible Electroporation as primary and salvage treatment for prostate cancer. 5th Global Congress on Prostate Cancer. 28 – 30 June 2017, Lisbon Portugal
27. Scheltema MJ, Chang JI, van den Bos, Bohm M, Delprado W, Gielchinsky I, de Reijke TM, de la Rosette J, Sirawardana AR, Shnier R, Stricker PD. Diagnostic Accuracy of Mulitparametric Resonance Imaging Following Prostate Cancer Focal Therapy with Irreversible Electroporation. 93rd Annual Meeting Western Section of the American Urological Association, 6 –10 August 2017, Vancouver British Columbia Canada
28. Scheltema MJ, Chang JI, van den Bos, Gielchinsky I, de Reijke TM, Sirawardana AR, Bohm M, de la Rosette J, Stricker PD. Genito– Urinary Function and Quality of Life after Focal Irreversible Electroporation of Different Prostate Segments. 93rd Annual Meeting Western Section of the American Urological Association, 6 –10 August 2017, Vancouver British Columbia Canada
29. Scheltema MJ, Chang JI, Bohm B, van den Bos W, Gielchinsky I, Kalsbeek AF, van Leeuwen PJ, de Reijke TM, Siriwardana AR, de la Rosette JJ. Stricker PD. Pair–matched Patient–reported Quality of Life following Focal Irreversible Electroporation versus Robot– assisted Radical Prostatectomy. 37th Congress of the Societe Internationale d’Urologie. 19–22 October 2017, Lisbon Portugal.
30. Chang J, Stricker PD Emmett L et al. False positive intraprostatic lesions on 68Ga Positron emission tomography in an intermediate prostate cancer cohort: Description of a benign cystic cellular pattern with intense PSMA activity. For Poster Presentation at USANZ 2018 in Melb 24–27th of February 2018.
31. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Chang J, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stricker P. Is it time for prostate cancer’s lumpectomy? Focal irreversible electroporation (IRE) for localised clinically significant prostate cancer. 26th ASMR NSW ASM 2018
32. Blazevski A, Pidsley R, Qu W, Norbie D, Luu L, Chang J, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stirzaker C, Song J, Stricker P, Clark S. When Focal Therapy Fails for Localised Prostate Cancer – Can Epigenetics Predict Which Patients Fail and Improve Patient Selection? ANZUP ASM 8 – 10 July 2018. Sydney, Australia.
33. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Chang J, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stricker P. Focal irreversible electroporation as salvage treatment for localised radio–recurrent prostate cancer – Initial results and initiation of the FIRE trial. ANZUP ASM 8 – 10 July 2018. Sydney, Australia.
34. Stricker P, Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Thompson J, Haynes AM, Nyguen Q, Chang, J, Yuen B. Oncological outcomes of irreversible electroporation (Nanoknife) for localised clinically significant prostate cancer at single Australia centre. 6th Edition Global Congress on Prostate Cancer (PROSCA 2018). 28 – 30 June 2018. Frankfurt, Germany
35. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Chang J, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stricker P. Is it time for prostate cancer’s lumpectomy? – Focal irreversible electroporation (IRE) for localised clinically significant prostate cancer. ASMR NSW Annual Scientific Meeting, June 2018. Sydney, Australia.
36. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Chang K, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stricker P. 5 years of Irreversible Electroporation (Nanoknife) for Localised Prostate Cancer. Asia–Pacific Prostate Conference 2018. Brisbane, Australia.
37. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Mare A. Retrospective Multicentre Cohort Study of Urothelial Manipulating Investigations and their Effects on Recurrence and Oncological Outcome for Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma. 38th Congress of the Société Internationale d’Urologie. 4 – 7 October 2018. Seoul, Korea
38. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stricker P. Oncological Outcomes of Focal Irreversible Electroporation as Primary Treatment for Clinically Significant Localised Prostate Cancer. 38th Congress of the Société Internationale d’Urologie. 4 – 7 October 2018. Seoul, Korea
39. Blazevski A, Yuen B, Scheltema MJ, Masand N, Haynes AM, Nguyen Q, Stricker P. Application of the IDEAL Framework to the Introduction of a Novel Treatment for Localised Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer. 38th Congress of the Société Internationale d’Urologie. 4 – 7 October 2018. Seoul, Korea
40. Blazevski A, Stricker P. Where is the prostate cancer recurrence after radiation therapy? Implications for biopsy and focal salvage therapy. USANZ NSW Section Meeting. 1 – 3 November 2018. Cypress Lakes, Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia.
41. Blazevski A. Irreversible Electroporation (Nanoknife) for Localised Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer. Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre – Uro–Oncology Meeting July 2018. Melbourne, Victoria.
42. Blazevski A, Stricker P. Reduced Sensitivity of Multiparametric MRI for Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer in Men Under the Age of 50 – ACT RACS Annual Scientific Meeting 2018.
43. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Stricker P. Salvage Irreversible Electroporation for Locally Recurrent Prostate Cancer after Radiotherapy – Oncological and Functional Outcomes. USANZ Annual Scientific Meeting 2019. Brisbane, Queensland
44. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Stricker P. Update on 12–Month Biopsy Proven Oncological and Functional Outcomes of Primary Irreversible Electroporation for Localised Prostate Cancer. USANZ Annual Scientific Meeting 2019. Brisbane, Queensland
45. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Stricker P. Focal Irreversible Electroporation for Radiorecurrent Prostate Cancer – Update on Current Results and Establishment of the FIRE trial. TROG Annual Scientific Meeting 2019. Melbourne, Australia
46. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Shnier R, Stricker P. Diagnostic accuracy of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging to detect residual prostate cancer following focal therapy with irreversible electroporation. EAU 2019 – Annual Scientific Meeting – Barcelona.
47. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Stricker P. Update on 12–month biopsy proven oncological and functional outcomes of primary irreversible electroporation for localised prostate cancer. EAU 2019 – Annual Scientific Meeting – Barcelona.
48. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Stricker P. Salvage irreversible electroporation for locally recurrent prostate cancer after radiotherapy – Oncologic and functional outcomes. EAU 2019 – Annual Scientific Meeting – Barcelona.
49. Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Yuen B, Masand N, Haynes AM, Cusick T, Shnier R, Stricker P. Diagnostic accuracy of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging to detect residual prostate cancer following focal therapy with irreversible electroporation. AUA 2019 – Annual Scientific Meeting – Chicago.
50. Blazevski A, Cusick T, Haynes AM, Stricker P. Evolution of Irreversible Electroporation into a prostate cancer treatment – From the laboratory to Urologists. AUA 2019 – Annual Scientific Meeting – Chicago.
51. Amin A, Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Stricker P, Thompson J. The MRI in active surveillance study (MRIAS): A prospective single arm cohort study replacing confirmatory biopsy with mpMRI in active surveillance for low risk prostate cancer – Asia–Pacific Prostate Cancer Conference 2019 – Melbourne, Australia.
52. Amin A, Blazevski A, Scheltema MJ, Thompson J, Stricker P. Salvage Radical Prostatectomy After Focal Irreversible Electroporation for Prostate Cancer: A Case Series Reporting Oncological Outcomes. Société International d’Urologie 2019 – Athens.
International and National Invited Surgeon
1993 – Malaysian Urological Society
1995 – Korean Urological Society
2000 – Chinese Urological Society
2008 – Western Australian Urological Society – Robot Assisted Radical Prostatectomy
2009 – Queensland Australian Urological Society – Robot Assisted Radical Prostatectomy
Australasian Urological Society Annual Meeting – Intravesical BCG. "Immunotherapy & Chemotherapy – 10 year experience"
Australasian Ultrasound Society – Annual Meeting
1.Transrectal ultrasound for prostate.
2. Penile Duplex ultrasound.
New Zealand Urological Society –"Transurethral needle ablation of the prostate". P.Stricker, G. Coombes.
Malaysian Urological Society – Incontinence & Collagen Implant
International Urological Society – 23rd Congress
1. B.C.G. for Bladder cancer
2.Collagen for Stress Incontinence
3.TUNA for B.P.H.
8th Congress of World Ostomy Association – Adelaide."Sexual consequence of Surgery".
Queensland Assert & Sexual Health Society Meeting. Specialised investigation of Impotence.
International Menopause Society
Symposium of male Sexual Dysfunction.
8th African Urological Society. Invited speaker "Peyronie's and side effects of injection treatment"
South Australian Urological Society Meeting. Presentations on:
1.Role of Surgery for prostate cancer
3.Collagen Implant for Male Incontinence
South Africa Visiting Lecturer –"Peyronie's Disease & Injection Therapy
Annual Urological Society of Australia Meeting – Adelaide. "Peyronie's Disease"
Shanghai Urological Group – Shanghai China."1125 Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer"
Asia–Pacific Urological Association Annual Meeting – Beijing China
– Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer
– Prostate Cancer and Sexual Dysfunction
Victorian State Urology Meeting. Presentations on:
– Prostate Cancer
– Peyronie's Disease
– Grid Biopsy
Urological Society of Australasia (USA) – Annual Scientific Meeting
"Medico Legal Aspect of Prostate Cancer"
Australian Prostate Cancer Collaboration (APCC) ASM.
"Nomogram Validation for Prostate Cancer"
Annual Australian Urological Meeting. Presentation on Prostate Cancer
NSW Urology Meeting. Presentation on Prostate Cancer.
National Prostate Cancer Symposium. Presentation on Prostate Cancer
American Urological Association (AUA) Meeting – 2 presentations
Australian Annual Scientific Urology Meeting – 7 presentations
APCC – presentation on Prostate Cancer
Australian Brachytherapy Society –"Outcomes of High & Low Dose Brachytherapy"
Sloan Kettering Prostate Cancer Meeting – "Prostate Cancer Outcomes"
Eli Lilly Company Meeting –"Prostate Cancer & Erectile Dysfunction"
National Prostate Cancer Symposium –"Prostate Cancer & Surgery"
Australian Brachytherapy Society – 2 presentations
Urological Society of Australasia – 2 presentations
Uro–Oncology Group of NSW – "Radical Prostatectomy"
Sydney University – Debate on Prostate Cancer
NSW Urology Meeting – 3 presentations
Australian–Israeli Chamber of Commerce – presentation on Prostate Cancer
Australasian Urological Society – 2 presentations
Chinese Urological Society – 2 presenations
St Vincent's Hospital "Steggles" Conference
Brachytherapy Symposium – 4 presentations
Asia Pacific Uro–Oncology Meeting – presentation on "HIFU"
World Health Organisation Symposium Paris –Presentation on Prostate Cancer.
NSW Urological Society Meeting – 2 presentations
Australasian Urological Society – 3 presentations
NSW Urological Society Meeting – 4 presentations
7th National Prostate Cancer Symposium Melbourne
Presentation on "HIFU"
Australasian Urological Society – 2 presentations
General Practitioners Continuing Education Annual Meeting – 3 presentations
Urology Oncology Group Meeting – 2 presentations
2nd International Robotic Symposium Ohio – 1 presentation
PCFA Men's Health Promotion Forum – Prostate cancer treatment panel – radical prostatectomy (open, robotic & laparoscopic).
NSW Nurses Urological Society meeting – Topic: Prostate Cancer. October
3rd International Robotic Symposium Orlando – 2 presentations. March
Laverty Pathology Men's Health Conference for GPs – Topic: Prostate Cancer.
Nurses Surgical Symposium Westmead Hospital – “Prostatectomy & Robotic Surgery”.
General Practitioner's Continuing Education Annual Meeting – Prostate cancer & PSA.
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia Hunter Region
Western Australian Urological Society National Annual Scientific Meeting –3 presentations.
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia 1st National Conference, Gold Coast "Future of Prostate Cancer".
18th Australasian Brachytherapy Group Annual Scientific Meeting, Gold Coast –1 presentation.
Australasian Urological Annual Meeting. Gold Coast – 3 presentations
Australasian Urological Society Annual Meeting Perth –2 presentations and debate: "Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy is the Gold Standard Surgical Treatment for Prostate Cancer".
5 th International Robotic Symposium Orlando. “Continence after robot radical prostatectomy”.
Integrative Medicine Society Meeting. “Integrative prostate cancer treatment” & “Robotics in prostate cancer surgery.”
11 th National Prostate Cancer Symposium Melbourne. August. “Continece post robotic radical prostatectomy”.
New Zealand Urological Meeting. “Prostate Cancer – How to choose” & “Robotic surgery”.
PCFA National Conference. “Prostate Cancer – How to choose” & “Side effects management”.
NSW Section Urological Meeting, Sydney, November Point Counterpoint – Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer.
NSW Urological Nurses Conference, Sydney "How does one make a choice between different prostate cancer treatment modalities and robotic surgery".
12th Australasian Prostate Cancer Conference (APCC), Melbourne, August. Master class in robotic surgery.
Trainee Week 2011 "Localised Prostate Cancer – What We Do Know, What We Don’t". Factors in favour of robotic radical prostatectomy surgery.
General Practitioner Annual Symposium, Sydney, May.
1. Prostate cancer update
2. Benign prostatic hyperplasia update
The Inaugural international prostate cancer symposium – Weill Cornell Medical College New York.
1. Locally advanced prostate cancer
2. Benefits of robotic radical prostatectomy.
1. Quality of Life
2. Transperineal biopsy of prostate
3. Locally advanced prostate cancer.
GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd GP Dinner, March. "STEP UP – Do more for your patients with BPH".
Friends of Israel Urological Symposium Tel Aviv May.
1. Learning curve of robot assist prostatectomy.
2. Nerve sparing radical prostatectomy – How do I do it –Bladder neck dissection and dissection of seminal vesicles.
MRI of the Prostate – A Multidisciplinary Symposium. May. Sydney
1. The role of MRI
2. Screening and MRI
“How to improve continence & potency after robot–assisted radical prostatectomy”.
1. Focal therapy – Are we ready?
2. Biopsy techniques – TRUS v’s Transperineal
3. 2 live cases presentation (Nanoknife & HIFU)
1. BAUS/BJUI/USANZ – The Role of focal therapy in localized prostate cancer; preliminary Australian results
2. MRI Presentations
1. Transperineal biopsies
2. Focal Therapy
1. Focal therapy
2. Overview of prostate cancer imaging
International Society of Radiologists (ISMRM) – virtual conference, Aug 2020. Keynote address on the clinical role of MRI in Prostate Cancer. The ISMRM virtual conference was attended by approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
European Annual Scientific Urology Meeting (EAU20V)– virtual conference, Jul 2020. Invited presenter to discuss the results to date of both cancer clearance of the primary tumour, recurrence rates, side effect profile and salvage surgery. Prof Stricker’s conclusion was that the intermediate results are very encouraging with a remarkably low side effect profile and Nanoknife focal therapy a strong contender for being one of the major technologies to potentially treat focal prostate cancer internationally.EAU20V was attended by almost 10,000 delegates worldwide.
The World Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS)– virtual conference, Aug 2020. Invited speaker along with other major experienced robotic surgeons from the Sloan Kettering (New York) and University College Hospital in London among others in the area of salvage robotic surgery.A video presentation involving 10,000 delegates attending worldwide.
Australian Section of the World Society of Robotic Surgeons (SRS) – virtual conference, Aug 2020. Keynote speaker presenting a talk on preserving sexual function after robotic surgery as well as the management of high–risk prostate cancer. Prof Stricker’s presentation was part of an Asia Pacific Group of Expert Robotic Surgeons asked to describe his technique of potency preservation during Robotic Prostatectomy. He also gave a keynote address on high–risk prostate cancer. During this presentation, he made particular mention of the increasing role of PSMA PET scanning and described one of his most recent projects – the DETECT trial which is using a Geiger counter to help detect cancer which has spread to microscopic nodal disease and outside of the prostate during the operation of robotic surgery.
Prostate Cancer Support Network
Public Education Information Brochures
Television, Radio and Newspaper Interviews/Articles
– Television: 60 Minutes–Channel 9, "What's Good for You",“A Current Affair” and Prime Time News on all TV stations.
– Radio: 2GB, John Laws, Dr John D'Arcy and ABC Radio national
– Newspapers: Financial Review and the Sydney Morning Herald
General Practitioner Education
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
Urology Nurses Education
Post–doctoral Fellows, students (PHD, ILP and Honour) visiting Fellows Supervised
Michael Hoch (France)
Petr Macek (Czech Republic)
Ziv Maianski (Israel)
Nicolas Doumerc (France)
James Symons (2012)
Tania Hossack (2012)
James Thompson (2012)
Lee Ponsky (USA) (2013)
Minh Tran (2014)
Pim Van Leeuwen (The Netherlands) (2015)
Francis Ting (2015)
Amila Siriwardana (2016)
Willamien van Den Bos (2016)
John Chang (2017)
James Thompson PhD (2017)
Anton Kalsbeek PhD (2015 – 2017)
Ilan Gielchinsky (Israel) (2017)
Matthijs Scheltema (The Netherlands) (2017)
Alexandar Blazevski (2018)
Brian Yuen (2018)
Amer Amin (2019)
William Gondoputro (2020)